Friday, April 9, 2010

Blessing Day - March 7, 2010

Back before Brant and I got married and I was looking for a wedding dress, I asked the shop owner that I bought my dress from what brides do with their gowns after their wedding day. Do they sell them? Rent them to others? Preserve it and leave it in a box for decades? Have a trash the wedding dress photo shoot?

Well, none of these options that I came up with on my own sounded appealing to me - until the shop owner mentioned that she's heard of brides that use the material from their wedding dresses to make blessing dreses for their babies.

What a neat idea! !

So when Brant's Grandma Harrison offered to make a blessing dress, I was excited to send her a piece of my wedding dress to get started (although much to the dismay of Brant and my mother who couldn't believe that I would want to cut material out of my wedding dress).

Grandma Harrison did a fabulous job and we love the tiny blessing dress! Another thing that makes these pictures special is the white, pink, and blue blanket - which was made for me by my Aunt Doris when I was a baby!
P.S. Thanks to all our family and friends that made it out for her blessing and dinner afterwards!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great idea to use your wedding dress! It's beautiful! Oh, and so is Savannah. :)

    ReplyDelete