Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blessing Ryleigh







We blessed Ryleigh on Sunday July 1st - and it was really nice having family in town to share this special occasion with (especially since our nearest family is a 4 hour drive away).  Since Brant turned the big 3-0 just the day before on June 30, we celebrated his birthday, Ryleigh's blessing, and the 4th of July all in one day with a BBQ dinner back at our house after church. 

I'm quite fond of these pictures here, mostly because I love the traditions behind them.  The beautiful blessing gown sewn from my wedding dress by Grandma Harrison (that was also worn by Savannah on her blessing day).  The bonnet Ryleigh is wearing (we switched to a headband back at home) was worn by both my sister and I when we were blessed as babies. And, like I mentioned here, the white/pink/blue blanket given to me by my Aunt Doris when I was a baby.

Love it!  

1 comment: